Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tibetan sand mandala ritual



I was walking past the Glen Woods when I recognized the the Tibetan monks that created the sand mandala earlier in the week. Click here to see information on the sand mandala event at Towson. At first I was upset that I didn't have a camera to take pictures or video, but I realized that I had been carrying my Flip Video on me all day. I rushed to take it out of my bookbag to capture what you see above. Luckily I came through at the right time to record the last 5 to 6 minutes of the ritual. These Tibetan monks are pouring out the sand from the mandala they had created and destroyed into the stream. I cannot say with accuracy what chants they are performing, but I will look into it and post another entry soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment